In 1957 Oswald Longo, a trained lithographer, founded the Fotolito Longo printing house, thus writing the first page of a long history. In the 1970s this Frangart-based company was considered the most advanced print shop in Italy in terms of repro working and offset printing. In 1989 Fotolito Longo expanded – a new headquarters was built in Bolzano, while in Germany the phg GmbH company was founded to focus on digital printing, print-on-demand systems and the creation and maintenance of databases. At the beginning of the new millennium LONGO, now run by Oswald’s sons Harald and Günther Longo, together with Helfried Prünster, responsible for LONGO Germany, faced the challenge of bringing the business into the digital age. They achieved this by modernising their in-house competences and developing their offer to meet their customers’ new demands.
Today LONGO stands for the highest quality, innovative solutions, extreme precision and creativity. But we also stand for cooperation, commitment – and the future. Our history may be written, but it is far from complete!